Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Fruit smoothies and a Christmas dog

It has always been our tradition (my mom's tradition, actually) to have 12 different round (or close to round) fruits every new year's. And it has always been up to me, my dad and my sister to finish all the fruits before they go rotten.

This year, mom bought some fresh strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and cherries. We had no problem eating the cherries since they're a family favorite, but the strawberries were a bit too sour, raspberries are too, and blueberries...well, we've never been a fan of fresh ones eaten on their own.

So what's the best way to finish all these? Make smoothies!

I made three different smoothies out of the strawberries, raspberries and blueberries and had my dad and sister drink them individually lol. But for me, I decided to make a mixed berries one:

Dark pink: raspberry, light pink: strawberry, violet: blueberry


I used corn syrup this time, instead of white sugar. I also added a bit of water instead of using just milk. I would've wanted to use some evaporated milk but we were all out so I had to settle for fresh milk.


I found the colors really nice and I just had to take a picture before mixing it. Also, quite nice that they didn't mix themselves up when i was pouring one after another. Strawberry was the base; added the raspberry next, carefully pouring from the side and I spooned the blueberry last.

And now, for a bit of cuteness, here's Bambam making himself cozy under the Christmas tree, just beside the gifts:

No comments :

Post a Comment