Saturday, December 6, 2014

I found a new hobby

I've always been fond of bracelets and whenever I travel, I always try and look for pretty bracelets at pretty prices. I can usually find bracelets that are sold for as little as 20 pesos each but definitely not locally. I've never found anyone selling the kind of bracelets that I want for that price.

Since I had a lot of time this week, I decided to try my hand at making friendship bracelets and other related stuff. 

My first project involved my earphones. 

I was able to find a stall that sold rubber springs. I bought 4, cut them smaller and patiently wound them around the bottom part of my earphones. 



I alternated colors and used colorless nail polish to stick them together. 


Next was for each earphone stem. I cut strings three times the length of the stem. 


I tied the strings just under the actual earphone and patiently wound through the entire cable. Since it was my first te doing this, the first cable took me more than an hour to complete. The second took me less than an hour as I've already established a way to do it more efficiently. Sanay na


Then I tried doing bracelets!


It's time consuming. I spend more than two hours completing one. Though I guess I'm still trying to get used to it and trying not to mess us my knots. The last bracelet i made was clean enough to wear!


I want to try other patterns as there are so many! I still have tomorrow free so I can concentrate on making more bracelets for me and whoever wants them from my family. 

But first... I need strings haha

No comments :

Post a Comment