Tuesday, January 18, 2011

For the love of (free) books

Friend plurked this just a while ago, but I remember using this site before. I guess I just forgot lol.

It's a bunch of public domain books (or e-books, for that matter) so you can just download and save them based on your preferred file type. They do have a number of file types to choose from, so it's another plus point to the site.

I've been browsing their Myths list and so far, they pretty much have books that have been published back in the late 1800s to the early 1900s but it's okay. Quite my choice actually, since they're legends and all that, so I'm inclined to believe that the authors are recounting the exact stories that were told when they first had the intention of writing their respective books.

And well, these are ancient myths, folklore and legends that people practically know by heart. How much could they have changed over the decades (and centuries) after these books were written, right?

Anyway, I blabbed too much again.

Manybooks.net

No comments :

Post a Comment